PERSONAL LICENCE ‘APLH’ TRAINING – 1 DAY COURSE
It is a requirement by the law that all sales of alcohol conducted on licensed premises must be authorised by a personal licence holder. In order to apply to become a personal licence holder you must hold an accredited qualification to prove that you can sell alcohol both legally and responsibly.
Our Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders is an approved and accredited, nationally recognised 1 Day course.
Did you know that the Personal Licence qualification can be taken through distance learning too? Study at your own pace and then sit one of the exam-only sessions at any of our centres. CLICK HERE to find out more about this service or to book on to one of our exam-only sessions.
The aim of the qualification is to ensure that licence holders are aware of licensing law and the wider social responsibilities involved in the sale of alcohol. Personal licence qualification providers are accredited by the Secretary of State.
You or a member of your staff must hold a personal licence if you sell alcohol from licensed premises, so that every sale or supply of alcohol is authorised by a personal licence holder. All licensed premises must have an allocated personal licence holder, know as the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS). The DPS must authorise every sale of alcohol.
Licensed premises include any premises allowed to sell alcohol under a premises licence.
Applications for a personal licence should be made to your local authority and, once granted, the licence will be valid for ten years.
Applying for a Personal Licence
In order to obtain a Personal Licence applicants must be over 18 years of age and will need the following:
- Personal Licence application form – Obtained from local council or licensing authority
- Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders qualification certificate
- Disclosure and Barring Service (this replaces the CRB check) – Can be obtained from www.disclosurescotland.co.uk for £25 (N.B – check valid for 28 days)
- Two passport-size photos – Signed by a professional to prove the identity of the applicant
- Application fee – £37
All of the above must be submitted to the local council (where the applicant lives) in order to apply for the licence to sell alcohol.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Understand the nature, purpose and period of validity of a personal licence
- Understand the application process and legal duties when applying for a personal licence
- Understand the legal duties of a personal licence holder
- Understand the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities
- Understand the licensing objectives and the importance of partnerships in promoting these objectives
- Understand the nature and strength of alcohol and the effect on the body
- Understand the law in relation to premises licences
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)
- Understand the law in relation to Temporary Event Notices
- Understand the rights and legal duties of the responsible persons in relation to operation of licensed premises
- Understand the law in relation to the protection of children on licensed premises
- Understand the powers of the police and other authorities in relation to licensed premises
- Understand prohibitions and exemptions in relation to licensable activities
Multiple Choice Exam
|£150||1 Day||18||10:00 – 18:00|
Group Bookings and Inhouse Delivery
We can come to you and deliver the training at your premises from £1000.00 plus vat for up to 12 learners.For more information and group booking discounts please contact us.
Why choose The Training Wizard (TTW)?
- Highest Genuine Pass Rate!
- Competitive prices!
- No hidden charges!
- The price includes all the training, materials, FIRST set of exams and certificate!
- ISO 9001 and 14001 Registered organisation!
- Fast Certification turnaround!
- Very experienced trainers and all courses delivered by us or fellow approved/accredited partners only!
- Street-Wise training incorporating real life scenarios!
- Free careers advice and employment opportunities!