Nvq spectators safety certificate
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is designed for those working in the match day and events stewarding industry. It can be achieved by individuals typically working at sports events, parades, concerts or carnivals where the safety of spectators is paramount.
Learners will develop the skills and knowledge needed to be able to prepare for events; control the entry, exit and movement of people; monitor spectators; and deal with crowd problems at spectator events.
They will also be able to help manage conflict, deal with accidents and emergencies, and support the work of your team and organisation.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
This qualification will:
- focus on the study of stewarding at spectator events within the leisure industry
- offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge
- provide opportunities to acquire several practical and technical skills
Those who are already employed or are looking to progress into a safety management role with spectator safety and are involved in planning of safety at an event, managing resources, and developing and implementing policies.
- Unit 01 Prepare for spectator events
- Unit 02 Control the entry, exit and movement of people at spectator events
- Unit 03 Monitor spectators and deal with crowd problems
- Unit 04 Support the work of the team and organisation
- Unit 05 Help to manage conflict
- Unit 06 Deal with accidents and emergencies
What Careers Can This Lead To?
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Steward/crowd safety steward
- Safety steward
- Hospitality steward
- Car park steward
- Assistant ground safety officer
- Event security/guard
This qualification can lead to the following further education:
This qualification provides the knowledge and competence requirements for the Intermediate Apprenticeship in Spectator Safety if learners are looking to progress onto an Apprenticeship.
It may also be useful to learners studying qualifications in the following sector/area:
Level 3 Diploma in Management